Sunday 10 January 2010

FCP hits NYC!


Okay, so I'm starting a blog to record my trip to the Big Apple, and its no secret I am extremely excited about jet-setting off to the glamourous fashion capital of the U.S

Apart from my obvious enthusiasm, I'm studying fashion at university and the U.S fashion retail market is our main module topic at the moment, and isn't it every fashion girls dream to walk in Carrie Bradshaw's footsteps down 5th Avenue?!

On the 6th of January after many months of eager anticipation of the trip I, along with about 80 other girls from my fashion course, arrived outside our student union at half 5 in the morning to get on the coaches down to Heathrow airport. Words cannot describe the excitement that was buzzing around us all! It may have been in the small hours of the morning, and we may be sleep deprived Uni students.....but it was like Christmas morning and Santa had just left us all a trip to NEW YORK CITY!!

After a 3 hour coach trip, 2 naps, and everyones excited banter.....we came off the rainy M1 and got ready to board the plane!

My excitement was totally justified, as it was my first trip to the Big apple... and I just knew this would be a trip of a lifetime!!

...And it is definitely mandatory for one of the first pictures taken in the U.S was to be of an American school bus!


















It has to be said theres nothing more exciting than driving down the highway (if thats what its called in America) towards New york City , all lit up against the night sky. Everyone instantly started pointing out everything...The Empire State, Chrysler building ...the bright lights shining in welcome to our group of excited english fashion students!

Hello New York!

No comments:

Post a Comment