Tuesday 15 December 2009

The Faded leather trunk in my bedroom...


...Came from my Great grandfather, and after being claimed as the christmas decorations suitcase for the past 18 years, I have now acquired it for my creative collections.




It is currently home to my oldest copies of Vogue, (september 1990), some old jewellery bought on past holidays, my own archive of past and present ad campaigns that I find inspiring and an old banjo belonging to my grandfather.
It has been signed by every member of my family, both immediate and extended. It's rather mesmerising to look at. Its special because it epitomises everything that my grandpa was in my childhood; music, family stories and family hand downs.

I have decided to name my blog after this old, faded piece of my family history because I believe that a lot of my creative ideas, motivation and inspiration comes from the character and personality of my family and my childhood.
In this blog I am going to express my creative ideas, what inspires me, the work I do and the places I go and the things I see.
And its all going to be presented to you, in this faded leather trunk.

1 comment:

  1. Such a nice collections Trunks,here i have got more about different type of Tables and Trunks like Leather Trunk,Dorm Trunks, Footlockers, Kid Treasure Chest and many more...

    ReplyDelete