Tuesday 13 July 2010

Nothing like Narnia...



Okay, so when I climbed over the pile of clothes covering my floor, wedged open my wardrobe which, for all intents and purposes is more of a dumping ground than a hanging space, I didnt really know what to expect. After living at uni for the past 6 months, I havent paid much attention to my messy wardrobe, and have been using drawers, chairs and door handles and any other hangable spaces to hang my clothes. So i decided to have an epic clear out of anything that I didnt need and/ or anything that should've been thrown out years ago....

What I found at the back of my wardrobe wasn't sumptuous furrs that have been in fashion for the past winter season , and are sure to be returning in A/W 10', I found something much more offending ... i thought I'd take some snaps and share the amusement!








Some pointy, purple suede, cork wedge heels , Topshop Circa 2007.
- I got these beauties for my 17th birthday, wore them to death, and after having them repaired a ridiculous amount of times the shoesmith told me they were irrepairable. Broke my heart! and after holding onto them for a further 2 years I've finally thrown them out. I deserve a medal!


I think this Primark number is a few of years old, maybe 2007? I remember , back in my fashion-knowledge naivety, I wanted this because I thought it looked "Vivienne westwood-y"
I guess everyone was grabbing at anything that was tartan with voluptuous shapes and a corseting effect. I think I wore this once.

Black satin bubble dress, Rare at Topshop, 2006. - It can't be denied that this is one of thee most copied high-street numbers , starting in Topshop , and can now be found in any cheap market stall or high street copy-cat shops. I really don't like these dresses.


I got this from ASOS a few years back , Its Yumi Boutique and I lived in this during the winter for college. I paired it with black cardies and wooly tights. It looked dead cute , but I couldn't wear it now without thinking that I was doing an ode to "in my Burberraaay". And I think my friend from uni summed up her opinion of this dress as "woahhhh, you chav!"
whether to wear it again? problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment